Dave on cincinnati

Dave re: Cincinnati:

My lesson from all of this was that Pete Townshend, The Who and their music
are not worth dying for.  I also learned that Pete can't really care about
us on a personal level, and even if he could he probably wouldn't.

Dave, your thoughts are bang on.  I think your conclusions can be spread out
over the entire "famous" industry.  But, we as unknowns and fans also have
to be in perspective, all these "idols" are strangers.  And in all
likelihood, we will never meet them and become there friends, or will never
know what they are really like, let's face it, it is all personna, no matter
how honest a person comes across, the media distorts everything.  Besides
who cares what they are really like, i just sit back and enjoy them for
there purpose, GREAT MUSIC

it is obvious I have a great joy listening to The Who, hence the mailing
list, but I am with Dave, we should care about our friends, family and use
and abuse The Who.  Hey, they have so much fun, why can't we????

Cheers,
Andrea