Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #140

>I remember reading The Playboy Interviews with Lennon where he claimed
>that
>The Beatles were the first to use feedback in "Rain" , ``...before the
>Who, before Hendrix, before anyone...''.  Would anyone care to
>verify this?
>
>Rain O'er me.

Lennon claimed to have been the first one to "record" deliberate feedback
(which I'll give him) on "I Feel Fine" (not "Rain," which would have been
first backwards tape recording).  Unlike earlier press releases of The
Beatles, however, Lennon says in that interview that he did not discover
feedback but that it was something with which many groups in the London
area were experimenting.

			-Brian in Atlanta