Re: John's WHO Shrine

In a message dated 97-05-31 13:13:47 EDT, KLPasquale@compuserve.com (KATHLEEN
L. PASQUALE) writes:

<< Subj:	Re: John's WHO Shrine
 Date:	97-05-31 13:13:47 EDT
 From:	KLPasquale@compuserve.com (KATHLEEN L. PASQUALE)
 Sender:	owner-thewho@igtc.COM

 <<Who Obsession>>

 I truly thank god for finding this list because it exquisitely displays the
 complete obsession that you all have with this band.  This is the only
 place I feel normal. I have been devoted to this band for 21 years now and
 I can say that my love has never wavered.  When I was in my teens and every
 inch of my bedroom was plastered with posters, pictures and whatever I
 could get my hands on Who-related my dad always told me that I would
 outgrow it.

 Well the only thing I have outgrown is the way I display my obsession.  The
 posters and pictures are now protected by glass instead of taped to the
 walls.  I call it my study --- My husband calls it THE SHRINE!!!.

 I remember when the TKAA came to the local movie house.  My best friend
 (the only other Who fan for miles) and I spent the week going to every
 showing.  Got to the point were we could recite the interview lines with
 the guys.  And it never fails even to this day when I see the Shepperton
 Studio footage -- I cry!   I still have the silver cross I found at a flea
 market that looks like the one Roger wore thru out 69 & early 70's.  I wore
 that thing for years as a teenager and even when I stopped I couldn't bear
 to part with it.  It is still in my jewelry box.

 I never knew people who were obsessed as I was until I found this list.
 It's a good feeling.

 As for Jacqueline:

 >> Especially the photo of Pete handing me back my "Horses Neck"
 >> book signed "I love you, too Jacqueline" with a big kiss!  Lucky me.

 I am extremely jealous!!!  My copy of Horses Neck is always with me.  I
 read it continously.  My life would be complete if I could get Pete to sign
 it.  I think I am going to hate you for a little while.

 Thanks for listening to my ramble

 Kathleen

I can't speak for anyone else, buy I suggest a heavrty "BRAVO!" to Kathleen
ffor her decades-long WHO sensibility, something which could only indicate a
person with superior artistic and social values.

For what it's worth, I have felt the same way you have for about as long. And
I can relate to the "feeling isolated" part, living as I do in L.A., a city
which has to be the ultimate cultural wasteland ("teenage" or otherwise!)!
(Keith's having lived out here for a while near the end of his life,
notwithstanding!!)!

Finally, on a humorous note, your description in the second paragraph of your
inspired posting, about your "pictures", etc., immediately reminded me of the
scene, early in the movie of "QUAD", when Jimmy adds a picture to his
collection on the wall, and then leans back, feeling pretty much the way you
described feeling as, in a rare moment of musical background, one heards a
few relevant lines of "Hopeless Dancer" swell up in the background.

For one to another, keep it going as well as you have for another 21 years!

Regards

JB
AKA "WHO\Face-Ace"