Who memories in my garage

     I enjoy reading everyone's memories  (especially Leo's, I used to have
a car that every called the Who mobile too).  However, I'll let everyone in
on secret that happens at night in my garage a couple a times a week, (get
your minds out of the gutter). In  high school, I  took drum lessons for
almost a year.  I was just discovering the Who (around 1980) and I never
could  afford a complete drum kit.  Anyone who I met that had a drum set, I
became their friend (sounds cold doesn't it) and would bring my Who records
to play at their house.  I was terrible since I rarely played and I barely
kept up with Kenny Jones and Moonie, I had no idea what he was hitting so I
would hit anything and everything.  Anyway, after seeing the boys on Live
Aid in 1985, I scraped up $350 and brought my own drum set.
     Now back to 1997 in my garage.   Every so often, after the rat race of
the day is over and the baby is asleep, I grab a couple of Rolling Rocks (to
get in that rockn' roll mood) and go in my garage and play the Who on that
same $350 drum set.  I keep saying I going to treat myself to a new set, but
it never seems to be high on the priority list. (If only Home Depot sold
drum kits). I'm not in a band, I'm not a professional, I'm probably slightly
better than I was ten years ago.  But I have a little CD player and I blast
The Who and play along on my drums and enjoy the Who.  I must have played
along with WGFA a thousand times,  the K. Jones version / the K. Moon
version and  the S. Phillips version.  My big feat is when I play the
complete Tommy or Quad. I think I lost some hearing since this is only a one
car garage. But who cares?, if Pete can handle a little ringing so can I.
When people see the drums in the garage, they usually say ,"what a great way
to relieve stress." They don't get it.  I have those drums to "join
together" with the greatest band of all time.

Dave K.