Re: Sitting during concerts and getting remote seats: come to Europe!

At 13:53 5/17/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 23:06:27 +0200
>From: Philippe Berger <keith001@club-internet.fr>
>Subject: Sitting during concerts and getting remote seats: come to Europe!
>
>One thing keeps amazing me: since the recent 'purification' of the list,
>half of the messages are complaints about how difficult to get seats in the
>front rows, and useless queueing and nasty telephone orders.
>
>I came to buy my ticket for the Paris show moderately late, and chose a
>ticket for the ground section.
>I didn't come hours early at the concert, but anyway managed my way between
>standing people to one meter from the scene. When they began the show, we
>all packed and everybody  kept rocking.

The difference is that the show you bought tickets for was "general
admission" on an open floor, whereas all the US shows have numbered seats
on the floor.

Thus, if you want to get up close in the States (as you wanted to, and did,
in Paris) you gotta buy a specific seat.

I won't insult your intelligence by asking whether you know why they don't
sell general admission tickets to Who shows in the States.

Clearer now?

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend