Tales of Whomania

Since we're all sharing stories here, I thought I'd tell the tale of
HOW I GOT LOTS OF COOL WHO STUFF!

Okay, as many of you have probably guessed from my nickname, I used
to be quite the big Pearl Jam fan back in middle school.  I was a big
participant in a lot of online Pearl Jam fan groups, and people STILL
talk about me in these groups even though this was all years ago.
One day last summer I received an e-mail from a woman named Shell who
remembered me from my old Pearl Jam days.  She'd seen a message of
mine posted in a Who area, and as it turned out she had a whole pile
of Who stuff that she was about to haul off to a secondhand shop.
But Shell said she'd prefer her stuff to go to someone who she knew
would appreciate it and not some stranger.  So she asked if maybe *I*
would want her old Who things.  WOULD I EVER!  Addresses were
exchanged, and a few days later I received a big box containing:

*"The Rolling Stone Interviews: Volume I" - containing Pete Townshend
interview
*"The Fillmore East and West" (A Scholastic Book) by James A. Hudson -
 with ten pages on the Who
*"The Who" by Gary Herman - an unintentionally hilarious book full of
lyrical interpretations and plenty o'    psychobabble
*"The Who...Through the Eyes of Pete Townshend" (Another Scholastic
Book) by Connor McKnight and   Caroline Silver - the story of the Who,
 told on a sixth grade reading level!
*Lillian Roxin's "Rock Encyclopedia" - with an entry on the Who,
naturally
*"The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Rock" - another Who entry, with
PICTURES!
*guitar sheet music books for "The Who By Numbers", "Odds and Sods",
"Tommy" (film version), and one   called "The Who Retrospective" that
has the music for songs from "My Generation" and "Magic Bus"
*piano sheet music book for "Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy"
*two letters from "Street & Soul"
*ticket stub from the Who at Giants Stadium, 1989
*assorted Who/Townshend related "Spin" and "Rolling Stone" clippings
from the 1980's
*one Who button

That was a pretty cool day for me, let me tell you.  In fact, I'm
still recovering from how shockingly amazingly cool it all was.  The
Patron Goddess of Who fans must be looking out for me...

- -Yellow "Blessed are the meek" Ledbetter