Re: The Yellow Peril

Okay, I told myself I would stay out of this and just let everyone
talk about me until they got bored with the subject, but I changed my
mind. :P

First of all, to the enigmatic Mr. Citywatch:

>And last, but by no means least, Ms Kelly.  If she's so intelligent,

>tell her to stop wasting her talents analysing songs, and a) become
>psychiatrist and help people,

Ah yes, there's lots of call for sixteen year old psychiatrists!

>b) become a writer (they sometimes have a tendency to waffle, also)

I AM a writer.  Aside from what you see on this list, I also run a
'zine called "NNNS" and write poetry, essays, and short stories.  I
have won several competitions and have had pieces published in school
newspapers, literary magazines, student anthologies, and one of my
city's daily newspapers.

>or c) do what I did, go and work in the City and make stacks of
cash!

I go and work at the local University four days a week and make quite
a respectable amount of money for someone my age.

>and anyway what's a 16 year old doing
>sitting at home staring at 4 walls.  At her age she should be out
>consuming copious amounts of vodka (or maybe that should be Hooch).

Thank you very much for your thoughtful advice.  I will be sure to
keep it in mind the next time I decide that I have too many healthy
brain and liver cells for my own good.

Secondly, to Scott:

>First of all, kelly isn't even a subscriber to o&s....secondly, we
don't
>encourage flames, and wouldn't suggest to our listers to flame on
this
>list....

This is true, I am not, never have been, and probably never will be a
member of the O&S list.  However, I think what Frank meant was that a
noticeable amount of space on the O&S list is taken up by people
making disparaging comments about me.  Don't think that I am not
aware of this!  My beloved Whoru subscribes to the O&S list and she
usually tells me when my name comes up, which seems to be pretty
often considering that I, once again, do not even subscribe to that
list.  I am sure that most of the people who read and post on the O&S
list are lovely human beings, but there are a few bad apples in every
bunch.  I quite agree that one shouldn't judge the entire list by
those few bad apples, but I don't think Frank really meant to insult
the O&S list.  So everyone be happy, okay? :)

>so...a better suggestion...citywatch, get a life of your own,
>and let us Who fans have ours...we don't need you, and if you don't
like
>us why don't you find a list for snobs?

Well said. :)

Last but not least, many many thanks to all who have posted on this
list defending me or have sent me supportive e-mails.  I love you
guys too. :)

- -Yellow "The Perilous One" Ledbetter