Re: VH1 IOW & Rock Legends

> Friday, July 25 @ 9:00pm VH1 is showing the 1970 Isle of Wight
>concert f=
>or
>their Rock & Roll Picture Show and after it is over they are running
>the
>long awaited Legends of Rock show on The Who.
>
>I can hear all the VCR's running now.
>
>Kathleen

Another slight correction.  The film is "Message Of Love: The Isle Of
Wight."  Here's what it says at the VH1 website.

"This week's episode is Message to Love: Isle of Wight. The world
television premiere of this legendary 1970 concert festival features
performances by The Who, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, Joni
Mitchell, Donovan, The Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Joan Baez, Tiny Tim,
Kris Kristofferson, 10 Years After, John Sebastian, Leonard Cohen and
Free."

The only Who performance in the film is of "Naked Eye."  This is at 9pm.
Following it is "The Who: Legends" at 11pm running approximately 1 hour.
Here again is from the website:

"The Who:Legends.  This documentary examines the love/hate relationship
between singer Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, the self-destruction of
drummer Keith Moon and the band's evolution through the years. Includes
several interviews with Pete Townshend from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's
plus interviews with
Roger Daltrey and John Entwhistle [sic] and rarely seen performance
footage
from Sweden, France, England, Canada and Germany. Our show coincides
with the band's current summer tour of 'Quadrophenia.'"

Sound great though.  I just they don't edit too much to get all that in 1
hour. But how could they not?

				-Brian in Atlanta