Re: Pete's Women (little sally simpson in particular . . .)

mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark R. Leaman) wrote:

>SS was a typical fan/groupie from the
>`60s, and in fact the song was originally written about that subject and
>later incorporated into the TOMMY story. I wouldn't say that Pete
>created her so much as observed the behavior and gave it a name.

ahh, oui . . . she was inspired by a groupie Our Kid witnessed when the 'Oo
and the Doors shared the same bill (in '68, i think) . . . hypnotised by
Morrison's incessant gyrations, et al . . . she tried to climb up on the
stage and gashed her face . . .her pretty face . . . OOOOH!

raine

"So to my detractors, to detractors of the Who, to critics of Moon and his
certain-death style of rock and roll nihilism, i say "F**k you."  And not for
the first time.  I'm still briefly  alive.  Be kind, be real, or get out of
my face." -Pete Townshend