wonderful Chitown memories

I thought the show last night was great!  I don't even own Quadrophenia, and
"Love Reign O'er Me" is the only song I'd ever heard from Quad before the
concert.  However, the performance was so passionate and intense that I
 loved the songs immediately, even though it was the first time.  Neat
mini-movie to go along with the story (even if the right side Jumbotron
screen was UPSIDE DOWN for the first ten minutes...DOH!!)

The encore was the best.....the crowd really got stoked over "Can't
Explain".  "Who Are You" was awesome!!  Roger let the crowd sing most of
it........Rog started it on acoustic, and then Pete pulled out his classic
white stratocaster and wailed on that thing!  Glad to see he is playing
electric again!

Starkey hit the skins hard and was credible, as was Simon Townsend on rhythm
guitar....full brassy horns and cool keyboard effects were all done well.

Who were those two other guys who came out and sang solo during Quad?

The oldest Who album I've ever owned is Face Dances......I know ,not too
old.  The concert really opened my eyes to a lot of great earlier material.
 My all time fav song is "Eminence Front", which they didn't play (DOH!),
but the encore made up for it.

Some people were griping about the choice of music......said they wanted
more current stuff.  Personally, I liked the history lesson.  So be
forewarned:  outside of a few songs during the encore, it is totally Quad
material.

Off I go to the record store to get some of the older Who goodies .......

Chitown Mike