Re: Pete's Female Characters

Mark:

>That could well be...even though I do think Jim is meant to be a
literal
>extension of Jimmy. But if so, it would mean that Pete's female
>characters aren't too varied.

Now, I don't want to seem as though I am IN ANY WAY criticizing
Pete's writing, but...well...Pete's female characters really AREN'T
that varied!  It's true!  Compare the women from oh say "Tommy" to
those in "Psychoderelict".  Sally Simpson = Rosalind, Mrs. Walker =
Ruth Streeting.  Surely I can't be the only one who's made this
equation.  Pete's got maybe three stock female characters, and he's
been making variations on them for the past 30 years.

- -Yellow "Where oh where has my little dog gone" Ledbetter