Re: Butlers, this list, and being polite

Yves-Pierre,

A butler is a household's chief male servant.  They are generally
depicted in American films and television programs as being rather
dour and elderly British men with very British sounding names.  As
your name is clearly French, I do not know why anyone would associate
it with butlers.  But there are, as you must know, some incredibly
rude and stupid people in this world.  I hope you will not take the
behavior of one of these people as a reflection on Americans as a
whole.  There are some decent folks over here too. :)

To everyone else,

This list is read by hundreds of people on at least four continents.
It is important to remember that all of these people are human.  A
little politeness goes a long way.  If you do not like this list,
then you are free to either stop reading it or to try and make it
better.  There is no need to complain, and there is no excuse for
insulting other people.  Try to show a little maturity, okay?  We're
all adults here, more or less, and we should be able to act like it.

Thank you.

- -Yellow "Salad Fork" Ledbetter