Re: Who videos

Jose Torres writes:
Are there any more out there
>from the post-Moon Who? Or even some with the real Who?

If you define videos as a seperate piece shot for the express purpose of
promoting a song, then The Who may well be the first band to make a
video!  In January 1965, Kit Lambert shot silent video of The Who
performing "I Can't Explain" at a club, synced it up to the record and
peddled the results to British TV shows (it can be seen on the "Who's
Better, Who's Best" video).  I think it was the end of 1965 before The
Beatles shot their 1st videos.

Other videos made by The Who are:

The Kids Are Alright (b&w-shot by the Thames)
Substitute (b&w-band performing against white background)
Happy Jack (b&w-band play safecrackers)
Call Me Lightning (color-The Who receive an electric Keith Moon in a box)
Magic Bus (color-band rides through London on a psychedlic bus)
Join Together (color-band performs on stage then jumps into crowd)
You Better You Bet (b&w-band performs against grey backdrop)
Don't Let Go The Coat (b&w-band performs against grey backdrop)
Eminence Front (color-band performs backstage before a concert)
It's Hard (color-band performs backstage before a concert)
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting (color-Roger and John in a studio
with 				       file footage of Pete)

VH1 also has many other Who "videos" culled from their TV show
appearances they could have played including one they used to show
regularly of them performing "My Generation" on the Swedish "Popside"
program.

				-Brian in Atlanta