Re: PT and Hendrix

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:02:58 -0400, Duquesne Yves-Pierre
<YvesPierre@compuserve.com> wrote:

>I remember that PT said also after
>seeing Hendrix he understood that the era of rock bands was finished,
>letting the place
>to rock stars and one man shows. Have you heard something about this ?

No, I haven't. But it is an interesting idea. I think that it has
not turned out that way, though. Or rather, plus =E7a change, plus
c'est la meme chose... Elvis was a rock star and a one-man show,
really. And there are still bands out there that are more known as
bands than as individuals. I find it interesting that of the 4 bands
that I primarily follow and collect, two are primarily bands (The
Who, Jefferson Airplane), and two are more individual showcases
(Frank Zappa, Jethro Tull). I have no idea what that means.;-)

=20
- --=20
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an =
international
reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week." -- George =
Bernard Shaw

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/