Re: Zappa - CONFIRMED!!

In a message dated 97-07-07 22:35:38 EDT, email@citywatch.prestel.co.uk
(Citywatch Ltd) writes:

<<
 >>> even Frank Zappa was a better soloist.
 That's all he can do, really.  He always leaves the rythmn playing to
 someone else, while he condusts the rest of the band.

 Broken Hearts are for Assholes

 Get OVER it >>

Just to add a note of agreement....Once had the extreme pleasure of ferreting
out one of rock's more twisted and fascinating charatcers, a superb artist
who bore the stage name of "CAPTAIN BEFHEART" (real name, DON), and even
though I was NO ONE SPECIAL, he spent 3-4 hours chatting with with because I
was a fan..Anyway, Don had a long association with ZAPPA (he was the
vocalist, in fact, on the tune "HOT RATS"), and he had a lot to say about
Zappa, all of it pretty much along the line of your comments, and Don should
know!

(He also insists that he wrote the entire "HOT RATS" LP, which as I recall is
credited, but NEVER got a dime in royalities for it...

Best quote (From CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, i.e. Don Van Vlient: "ZAPPA, ZAPPA,
ZZAPPA...HE'S A GRIANT TREE STUCK RIGHT IN MY EYE..ZAPPA, ZAPPA!!":

For what it's worth..

Regards,

JB2----TheWHO!