Re: BRAVO, Yves-Pierre!

In a message dated 97-07-07 21:13:26 EDT, YvesPierre@compuserve.com (Duquesne
Yves-Pierre) writes:

<< Talking Heads, Ten Years After, Terence Trend D'Arby,  U2,
 Velvet Underground, ZZ Top, and of kource The Whoo !

 You can say that some of them sucks (at least one !) but they all
 gave me at different time a lot of pleasure (except one !).
 And they still do it now.
 And about the Who, Yes,  they are my favourite band.

 Yves-Pierre
 'La critique est facile, l'art est difficile'

Now that is a pretty damned good reply, if you ask me!! Bravo, Yves-Pierre.
(Only small critique, change the "V.U." to "Lou REED" (He NEVER gets adequare
credit..is the only reason I make the suggestion, and since you clearly have
broad and discriminating taste, add on a little band called "X" (NO, not
Generation X. just "X"), the band that refused to sell-out -- the only
cretaive thing to come out of "LOS ANGELES" since the DOORS (Speaking of
which, they were discovered, produced, and joined in performance and
recording by none other than Ray Manzarek, of THE DOORS, who heard them at
the WHISKEY (same club Jim Morrison was discovered within) and was so blown
away by the validity and "edge" to their music that he put everything he had
into "X".

Considering some of the excellent listening selections on your list, I think
that "X" would fit right in....And of course, you are also right about the
validity of the other sounds, when cupled with the over-riding and supreme
notion that THE WHO are the best.....They're so f#$king good, in fact, that I
agree with you than one need not be afriad to get off on other groups/artists
of talent, because nome of them will ever, EVER, be able to shake my supreme
reliance on THE WHO as a creative essence!

Regards, Mate!

JB2----------TheWHO!