Marshalls, Movies, Mose Alison

> Shurely shome mishtake??

Phil:

Uh...I know it's a holiday but it's too early to drink...

> I thought Pete spurned Marshall stacks, and only ever used HiWatt
> 4x12 cabinets and 100w amps???

No time to look it up now, but I recall that in the mid-`60s at least
Entwistle was using Marshalls. And that the band has been given credit
for helping in the development, which could mean a number of
things...including just giving them exposure. Whether Pete used them or
not, I couldn't say.

> My opinion is that at the end of the movie, he is deaf dumb and blind to the ways of his step-dad

Jose:

That is the impression I got. What I was saying: if Tommy got
God-realization only at the very end of the movie, what was he "selling"
his followers? Self-realization, I suppose. That's my guess, anyway, to
clear Tommy's good name.

> I thought the movie of Quad made the story better.

I told you not to get me started!!! And I don't have time today to go
into it...but let me just say that the focus of the album (in which
everything was internal and in the past and having four personalities
actually had relevance) and the movie (which was pretty straightforward,
no multiple personalities, and a completely different ending) are at
odds. I love the movie for other reasons, but as a version of QUAD...it
isn't very accurate.

> An interesting fellow. His version of Young Man blues is *nothing*
> like The Who's, of course.

Kevin:

So I imagined...having heard Eyesight To The Blind. I look forward to
the discovery.