Re: Who in London

At 20:53 7/2/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 19:10:57 -0300
>From: Ian <istanley@quartz.nbnet.nb.ca>
>Subject: Re:Who in London
>
> Keith Moon wasn't buried.He was cremated,and his ashes scattered,so you can
>forget that one.

So what's the deal with Golder's Green cemetery?  I was told that that was
_where_ his ashes were scattered.  They have lawns there (where ashes,
whether Keith's or otherwise are scattered), with benches where you can sit
and contemplate the beyond.

>.You can visit the site of the original
>Marquee on Wardour Street,(which is now an apartment building).

90 Wardour...it has a bakery on the ground floor and a big metal plate
under the window listing the names of many bands WHO played there...and The
Who leads the list (upper left corner).  You can track down Ronnie Scott's
club where _Tommy_ was first played to the press.  The Goldhawk Social Club
is still around.  And there's Eel Pie Island to view.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend