Re: Feedback

At 18:53 7/1/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 08:29:11 -0400
>From: Duquesne Yves-Pierre <YvesPierre@compuserve.com>
>Subject: Feedback
>
>Do you know Link Wray ? Listen to Rumble, Jack the Ripper ...
>He was a big influence for PT. Just listen to "The Ox" on =
>
>My Generation (European LP)
>I've heard that PT discovered power chords from him. =
>
>Is It true ?
>Link was a  real precursor in heavy guitar, but he's unknow.

He performed in Austin only about 10 days ago.  I really wanted to go but
unfortunately was unable to :-(.  I would love to have a chance to hear
this legend, but since this is the first time in 30 years I've _ever_ heard
of him playing here I'm afraid that may have been my one and only chance
:-(.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend