Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #23

Re: Pete's ability to read music

I have a book annotated by Pete in which he states that the only thing
he can read is chord notation, and strumming patterns.

He does the simple guitar box charts and rhythmic slashes.

The book ius really good and gives the chords to many early Who songs,
but they are much simplified.

However, I do lend support to the theory that Pete might have learned to read
music later in his career, especially as more and more usage of the piano
creeped up--compare Tommy's usage to that in Quad.

But early on, Pete himself said that all he can read are "box diagrams"
and slashes.  Maybe he knows guitar that way and piano in another.

IMHO.

:)

Kevin