Re: Pete's musical education, or lack thereof

>>Umm... Pete DOES have formal musical training, I believe.  He went to
>>"Art School"; he's the only member of The Who who had any college at
>>all.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you here. The art school
Pete attended was just that, an ART school. They didn't teach music
there. I believe there ARE music schools in England (John Entwistle has
been quoted as saying that he had the opportunity to go to art or music
school once he graduated from Acton), Pete just didn't go to one. The
man can't even read music! He's said so himself, many times. Even *I*
can read music (albeit slowly), and all my musical training was way back
in middle school. And since he can't read music, it comes as no surprise
that he may have confused the musical term "E. Coda" with "E. Cola". Or
maybe Pete knows it's really "E. Coda" and was just having a little
joke. But either way, I'm stickin' to my guns here: Pete recieved no
formal musical education, and "E. Cola" most likely means "E. Coda".

                                       -Yellow "Fresca" Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com