Re: E. Cola remix of LMLOTD

Eric,

It's times like these when I'm glad I was in the school string orchestra
for two years. E. Cola isn't a person or even a soft drink, but rather
(at least as far as *I* can tell) some sort of weird interpretation of
the musical term E. Coda, or Extended Coda.
(Goodness knows why it doesn't say that straight out on the album cover,
my guess is that either Pete was having some sort of joke or that
because of his lack of formal musical training he thought "Cola" was the
right term.)
A coda is the concluding section of a song, sort of the opposite of an
introduction. An extended coda is a really LONG coda, or one that can be
repeated indefinatly so the song can be however long you need it to be.
(I'm almost entirely sure that's a correct definition, but those of you
with more musical training than me are welcome to correct me if I'm
wrong.) For some reason I can't call up the end part of the remixed
version of "LMLOTD" in my head right now, but I'm sure that if I went
and listened to it I'd find that it does indeed have an extended coda.
At least I HOPE so, or else I've just made myself look like a complete
idiot.

                    -Yellow "Just for the taste of it" Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com