Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #47

>I wonder if he's been working with an accent coach?
>That thick accent of his must be hard to control.
>
>		-Brian in Atlanta

Just out of interest, as an Englishman, who hasn't seen this
programme, what sort of 'thick' accent was he using? American or
English?  I assume American, otherwise there would be no need for a
coach.  Also, if American, what region of the US is the accent from
(Like most English people, as far as *I* can tell there are only 3
different American accents: 1)Deep South (e.g. Dolly Parton) - "How
ya doin', y'all etc.  2)West Coast/California (especially LA Valley
Girl speak) 3) New York e.g. I gonna go walk the dorrg and get some
corrfee".
I realise this is totally naive, and I'm obviously generalising, big
style, but I'd like to know what accent RD was using.....

Phil
Citywatch Ltd
Tel: +44 171 403 7706
Fax: +44 171 403 7022