No Subject

<<This is unfortunate, but I think the lack of sellouts on the last tour
was due more to poor promotion than ignorance on the part of the
younger generation.  The $150 ticket prices in Las Vegas were a
contributing factor there, too.>>

This is my first post to the digest (in response to my first digest -- I just
found you guys!). I have to say that the promotion on the US Quadrophenia
tour was damn poor. I am lucky that a friend of my in DC happened to hear
about it. I'm in Atlanta and went all the way to DC to see them, along with
two other die-hards from that area. However, many of my other friends had not
even heard that The Who were on tour again! (They cursed me for being able to
see them when they couldn't.) I guess if you don't get VH1 or any British
music magazines, you're out of luck.

Some else on the digest mentioned seeing someone in a Who jacket from the
tour -- did they sell these? I got a poster, a cap and book but there weren't
any jackets. I'm such a damn Who freak, I'll buy nearly any Who junk.

- -- Bill