Re: "How Many Friends"

>in the song, "how many friends", who is pete talking about in the
beginning of
>the song- it sounds like a girl, but then there's the line "he says
he likes a
>man who's dressed in the season"- it sounds like a compliment to a
man, but it
>sounds like a girl. i'm confused! help mE!!!!

I always thought that the "handsome boy" in the first line of "How
Many Friends" was the person Pete was talking about in the first
verse.  This young man is also presumably the person who compliments
Pete's clothes and buys him a brandy.
Of course, there are those who say that the narrator of the first
verse isn't supposed to be Pete at all, but some unidentified woman.
I think this is ridiculous, but everyone is entitled to their own
opinion.

-Yellow "another gender bender day for you" Ledbetter