Pete's hearing, Reagan, no Levon Helm

Pete blamed his hearing loss on the Smother's Brothers show event.  I
think he said so in TKAA.  Similarly Ronald Reagan blamed his hearing
loss on an actor shooting a pistol right by Reagan's ear.  If Pete's
right ear is worse than his left then maybe some hearing loss could
be due to Keith's stunt.  However long term exposure to loud music is
probably the major culprit.  I vaguely remember Pete being
interviewed saying that his hearing loss was due to drinking in
excess and then sticking his head right in front of his amp while
blasting away.

And just to mention it, I blew out my eardrum as a child and suffered
no damage to my hearing

Frank "Reagan on Rushmore!" Corotto