Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #310

The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

> The Who Mailing List Digest
>  Thursday, December 11 1997 Volume 04 : Number 310
>
> In this issue:
>
>         Re: most recent poll
>         Dig and fire
>         RE: best of songs, etc...
>         Re: Dig and fire
>         [none]
>         [none]
>         Re:
>         Re: Dig and fire
>         Re:  The Eccentric Fellow
>         Re: Ilse of wright
>         Re:  In the Studio
>         John Photos

> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 01:32:49 -0800
> From: keithjohnmoon@juno.com (Keith Moon)
> Subject: Re: most recent poll
>
> >And as long as we're having fun and perpetually extending the scope of
> >the
> >poll...
> >
> >Most underrated album cover: Empty Glass (though it's a Pete and not a
> >Who album)
> >
> >-Hart
> >
> yeh, right on!!!
>
> i LOVE that album cover . . . especially the back, with him wearing that
> drunken grin . . . he's so cute!!!
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 03:28:41 PST
> From: "Lucas Bleicher" <bleicher@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Dig and fire
>
> Could anybody say some words about "Dig" and "Fire"? Were they only
> played during the '89 tour? Is there any studio version? Were they
> officially released in any album?
>
> Thanks!

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 07:49:24 -0500
> From: CAM <carla@rpa.net>
> Subject: RE: best of songs, etc...
>
> I couldn't make a decision based on The Who's entire catalog so I will
> limit my picks to the "Sell Out" reissue.
>
> Best of:
> Brass - Someone's Coming
> Vocals - Silas Stingy
> Keith drumming - Jaguar
>
> Most underated - Rael 1&2
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:57:54 +0000
> From: bebell@bc.edu
> Subject: Re: Dig and fire
>
> Dig and fire are off Townshend's 1989 solo project: Iron man.
> They are done by the Who on the album.  Iron man is interesting
> because it is a musical based on a childrens story.(Ted Hughes)  It's
> not bad at all but I prefer White City or Psychoderelict.  I
> have seen the Iron Man CD in bargain bins for around 5.99 U.S. and
> it is certainly worth picking up for that price.  John Lee Hooker,
> Simon Townshend, and some others guest on the disc and of course
> Pete and Roger join him on Dig and Fire.  They were only played by
> the Who on the 1989 tour (i think) but I would be interested how
> much of Iron Man has been performed live by Townshend...and has any
> one seen the theatrical adaptation in the the U.K...
>
>                                              -Damian
>

> On Wed, 10 Dec 1997 03:28:41 PST bleicher@hotmail.com (Lucas Bleicher)
> wrote:

> [...]

  To whom it may concern:
                My E-mail address has already changed to henrylau@smartt.com.
Thank you!!!

                One more thing, I want to know when the last 2 remastered The Who
album "My generation" ("The Who sing my generation" in U.S.), and "Odds and Sods"
are released. Can you tell me a date, please? I hope these 2 remastered album are
not as bad as the last 2 , It's hard and Faces dances. Will they release live
album of the last year's Quadopenia tour?

Henry Lau

12 - 4 - 1997