No Subject

Regarding the film "The Kids Are Alright,"  can anyone tell me who the
somewhat eccentric old man was that was raving
about "these fellows, Townshend, Daltrey, Moon and Entwhistle being
just what England needs to pick her up out of the
rubble and to give her dignity again..."  (paraphrased).  Does anyone
remember?  Brian?

Also, I've been meaning to ask this for a while now.  Am I the only
one who thought that Levon Helms (sp?) made a great narrator for the
VH1 Legends show?   At first, I didn't know who he was and still don't
know much him other than the fact that he's from the Band.   I just
thought he was this southern American guy narrating and I kinda
thought that that was cool to have this seemingly totally detached
person as narrator, sort of demonstrating the Who's varied audience.
 I don't know, but for some reason I thought that it was better to
have this type of narrator than someone with an English accent, like
someone else suggested.  To each his own, I guess.
   mwalter@fdic.gov