re: Legends & Levon

Walter, Michael wrote:

> Regarding the film "The Kids Are Alright,"  can anyone tell me who the
> somewhat eccentric old man was that was raving
> about "these fellows, Townshend, Daltrey, Moon and Entwhistle being
> just what England needs to pick her up out of the
> rubble and to give her dignity again..."  (paraphrased).  Does anyone
> remember?  Brian?
>
> Also, I've been meaning to ask this for a while now.  Am I the only
> one who thought that Levon Helms (sp?) made a great narrator for the
> VH1 Legends show?   At first, I didn't know who he was and still don't
> know much him other than the fact that he's from the Band.   I just
> thought he was this southern American guy narrating and I kinda
> thought that that was cool to have this seemingly totally detached
> person as narrator, sort of demonstrating the Who's varied audience.
>  I don't know, but for some reason I thought that it was better to
> have this type of narrator than someone with an English accent, like
> someone else suggested.  To each his own, I guess.
>    mwalter@fdic.gov

I agree with you.  As soon as the show started I knew it was Levon
because second to the Who my favorites are Bob Dylan & the Band.  I
didn't think it odd at all Levon has always loved The Who & has been
know to say more than once that the only other band he would want to
play with would be The Who.  Good choice. IMHO

You are not alone

Kathleen