Re: World's Greatest Band

Bill Lukas <drjimmy@htp.net> wrote:

>I was curios to hear peoples comments on my opinion that The Who at
>their peak was light years past any other band that have been
>together(spelling?)!

>Moon= best drummer ever by far.! far better than Bonham, Mitchel or
>Baker.

Totally agree. Neil Peart is probably the best "metronome-like" drummer,
but I prefer the non-metronome drumming. :)

>Entwistle = best bassist that has ever lived and let us not forget
>that he is great on the horns.

Yeah, not just he's the best bass player in the world, but he himself
inventend most of bass playing techniques. Other ones I like are Chris
Squire, Geddy Lee and Jack Bruce.

>Townshend = Best songwriter (Lennon, Mcartny(what ever the fuck is
>name is) and Dylan could not sine Townshends shoes!) and a great
>guitarist.

Well, discussing "best songwriter" is a little tricky. I don't know who
is the best songwriter in the world, because it's too much subjective. I
love John Entwistle's songwriting, but lots of people don't agree with
me. And as a guitarist, Pete is a master on the rhythm guitar.

>Daltry = Im not shure how to compare singers but im shure Daltry is >up
there, in my mind he is the best. What would the Who be withhout
>Daltry.

That's too much subjective too. I love Roger Daltrey's and Jack Bruce's
singing, but how could I compare so different styles?

See ya

Lucas Bleicher