Re: QUAD at Minneapolis

In a message dated 97-08-28 18:12:45 EDT,
Frank.Garcia.TechServ@igate.sprint.com writes:

<< Another thing, why they didn't pick up Simon Phillips after Moon
 died is beyond me. Kenny & Zak are good but Simon whooooops all
 of their asses in technical ability & taste. Just listen to any
 of his drumming on the '89 TOMMY tour Cd's, especially Love Reign
 O'er Me at the end. Are there any musicians or sound type people
 on this list????? I'd like to hear from you. >>

I'm a drummer also, as you probably all know, so I guess I'll put in my two
cents.

Granted, Simon is a great drummer, but not a great drummer for the Who. I
think he would be more in place with Chicago or a similar band who needs lots
of accents and the like. The Who just doesn't need it. IMHO, Moon was the
only drummer perfect for the Who; his style just clicked with the others, and
I don't think you can replace that "magic", as Rog put it.

- -Mike (DayTriper1@AOL.COM)
"Goodbye all you punks, stay young and stay high,
Hand me my checkbook, and I'll crawl off to die." -Pete Townshend,
"Searchin' high, searchin' low, askin' the cops wherever I go,
'Have you seen Dignity?'" -Bob Dylan, "Dignity"