Townshend / Dylan / Lennon / Mcartney / Bill

>first of all, I ment "shine" you dick. It dosen't take a genius to
>figure that out. Second of all compare lyrics, musical variety
>the complexity of Townshend's writing to the Beatles and you will be
>pleasently surprised ( Beatles suck cock) i mean that in a nice way.
>Don't start this "Beatles sold more albums shit" because that don't mean
>crap! The Beatles just appealed to more people. Imagine what the Who
>would have been like if they came out on stage with suits on and played
>like a bunch of homos! Ever see the movie Quadrophenia?   .. Well if so
>remember the part where Jimmy goes into a room and turns on the TV and
>sees the Who? Well when his father walks in he did not seem to pleased.
>If it were the Beatles up there playing Yellow Submarine (probably the
>worst song I ever heard) he would not have complained.   Get my point?
>I'll say he's better probably because ... he is!
>
>Bill

Dear Bill,

You are an ignorant fool.  I think in that one paragraph you have offended
just about every cultural group in the world, except the Nazis (and you gave
good evidence that you are, indeed, one of those.)  Saying that Townshend is
a better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney or Dylan shows you have
absolutely no idea what a good song is.  It's amazing that you like a band
as good as the Who, since your tastes and prejudices evidently preclude good
taste.  No doubt that Townshend is a good songwriter, but he is neither
prolific enough nor cliche-less enough to compare to Lennon / McCartney or
Dylan (Who, as songwriters did something very hard to do - they invented new
phrases that have since become cliches... How many of those has Townshend
written?)

Needless to say that i am on this list because I am a fan of the band and Mr
Townshend, but since Dylan and Lennon / Mcartney pretty much invented the
modern song-structure (post-tin pan alley style of songwriting, for those of
you not versed enough in literature), I'd have to place Townshend a step or
two below them....

Next thing you know, Bill will say Pete is a better songwriter than Ray
Davies...  Hmmmmm, OK, I'll give him that one.
|                                                 |
|     Go on a horror hayride with Webb Wilder,    |
|     the last of the Full Grown Men, at:         |
| http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/5540 |
|  Punkabilly?  Meet the fathers of alternative   |
|  Country, Jason & The Scorchers, at:            |
|     http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/3301     |