Re: Stoo, Pop Art Music and concert noise

At 6:53 8/24/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 11:30:14 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Jennifer Lee Davies <jen@nt.net>
>Subject: Stoo, Pop Art Music and concert noise
>
>...there was one freakazoid who I wanted to tell to be
>quiet.  He sat in the section behind me, and two or three times screamed out
>"MAAAGIC BUUUS!!!".

My nominee for the Hall of Butthead award this go-round was the drunken
large "gentleman" a couple of seats to my left (in Tampa, I believe) who
started yelling "Bellbo-oy!  Bellbo-oy!  Bellbo-oy!" as soon as "The Real
Me" ended.

Runner-up goes to the drunken (anyone see a pattern here?) young lady who
screamed as if being murdered through much of the Va Beach show, then
started yelling in her now-shredded, hoarse voice, "Booooo-ris", with
ever-increasing tones of urgency, as if her life depended on hearing this
song, in between the encore songs.  When it got irritating enough I made
the possibly unwise decision to try to shut her up so I turned around -- I
saw a bleary (did I mention drunken?) sweaty overweight young damsel with
her mascara running; I told her "They're not going to play Boris." and
turned back around.  She promptly started swatting me angrily on the back,
I suppose for having the effrontery to suggest such a thing.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend