Re: Keith's Court Appearance

At 22:20 8/21/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:19:59 -0800
>From: Sam Knutson <knutssjk@dfw.wa.gov>
>Subject: Keith's Court Appearance
>
>There is an interesting (and hilarious) story in the book
>FULL MOON that describes the entire Prestwick incident
>in detail [snip] Keith then went
>into a kiosk shop and threatened a little old lady who was
>the store-keeper with the toy gun earlier mentioned,
>screaming "GIVE ME SOME MONEY!".

I must flesh this bit out with a quote, as it contains one of my absolute
favorite phrases from Keith in the whole book.  I don't know whether Butler
was quoting Keith word-for-word, but anyway:

***
The kiosk is manned by a dried-up old bird who cannot be more than
four-and-a-bit feet tall.  Her hair is very white and she has a boatrace
[face] like a dried up prune that is in the sun too long.  When she sees
Moonie approaching, her mouth...grows even tighter and more disapproving.

"Are you the hooligan that's been making all the noise and trouble round
here, young man?" she demands most aggressively.

"That's me, you miserable old boot," replies Moonie.  "Give me some fucking
money!"
***

[following which he points his toy gun at the biddy, she faints, and the
story continues]

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend