Re: Talmy

>OK, I was under the impression that the label had hired independent
>producer Talmy to produce The Who, and Townshend wanted him (probably
>due to his work with The Kinks).
>However it's been a while since I've read any Who reference. The key
>question here is: did The Who have a label deal before Talmy got
>involved, or not?
>
>--
>
>            Cheers                ML

I've read they didn't.  Supposedly Shel had contacts with American Decca
and set up the deal after recording "I Can't Explain"/"Bald-Headed
Woman."  Decca then set up to release The Who in the U.K. on their
British subsidiary Brunswick (best known then for Bing Crosby!).
Supposedly British Decca was teed off on being passed over for Brunswick.

			-Brian in Atlanta