Re: New limited Ringo All-Starrs CD featuring The Ox

On 08/18/97 17:41:13 you wrote:

>At 17:53 8/13/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>>Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:02:35 -0500 (CDT)
>>From: bkawa@ix.netcom.com
>>Subject: New limited Ringo All-Starrs CD featuring The Ox
>>
>>I just bought the new Ringo live CD that's being sold exclusively at
>>Blockbuster Video/Music! It is absolutely AMAZING!! It blew me away. It is
>>called "Ringo Starr and his 3rd All Star Band Volume 1". It is only
>>$5.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has 12 songs and it was recorded in Budokan
>>Hall, Japan in 1995. Here is the track listing:
>
>Thanks for the reminder, Bruce.  Glad to hear the sound is good (great),
>but I really regret they chose to put Boris on this instead of My Wife.  My
>Wife was the only place in the whole show except the encore where John got
>to solo or even stretch (I saw the show in San Antonio), and as you might
>imagine he blew the roof off the dump (and it was an outdoor show :-).
>Boris is just played as it appears in standard releases.  Guess those
>behind this CD didn't care about showing off John to his best advantage.

Actually, those comments were not mine.  I reposted them from the Beatles Newsgroup before I found a copy for myself.  Since
then I found a copy here (none in Atlanta).  The mix could be better for my part, John is buried most of the time.  It IS
the PPV show 6/26/95, complete with the "What's my name" routine.  This show is from the early leg of the tour before they
started playing My Wife, so that is why it isn't included.  I have heard that later shows were to be recorded specifically
for a live release but these shows were cancelled after Ringo's daughter became ill.

Bruce