Re: What I think of the Who

Your words hit it right on the head. I am 29 and saw TKAA. I was hooked
immediately. I have since seen them in 82,89,96, and 97 and the past show at
NISSAN PAVILLION was the best Ive seen them ever. I too had the opportunity
to meet JOHN at a showing of his artwork in DC. I wish I could express to him
how much the WHO's music has ment to me but I managed to get out of my mouth
how his playing has only gotten better w/ age, he remarked how this tour has
been great practice for him and then I shook his hand and left w/ one of his
pieces signed by him.  The reason the WHO really hooked me is the passion
they emit and the honesty in PETE's lyrics.  The power in The WHO's music has
keeped me going more than once. The thing I really admire about PETE's
writing is he writes honestly about what is happening now in his life.  Not
like the stones who seem to be trapped into writing about the same things
over and over.  MY GENERATION and SLIT SKIRTS are great examples of his work
at different points in his life.  The WHO's music has a song for every mood I
have and I can always count a lyric of PETE's to pick me up when I'm down,
get me charged full of adrenline when I feel on top of the world, and just
plain get me thinking about the different stages in life and preparing for
it.  I only wish that one day I could meet both ROGER and PETE to thank them
for making my world a more happier place.  I really hope this tour will not
be the end to the WHO's live playing.  Their music is too strong  not to do
it again.