Re:The Real Me

>Date: Wed, 13 Aug 97 Kipp, David G. wrote:
>
>After reading about different versions of The Real Me, I remembered a
>rendition  I heard/saw on MTV  in the 80's.  It was The Scorpions (or a band
>like that) singing The Real Me in a warehouse.  Except for the obvious
>differences, I remember it as the same version.

 You're close,but no cigar.The metal band that recorded "The Real Me" was
WASP.And actually,while Blackie Lawless' blood-soaked,banshee vocals sound
nothing like Daltrey's,musically their version was pretty close to The
Who's.I remember reading an interview with WASP's drummer at that time,and
he made note of the fact that he had studied Moon's drumming,and tried his
best to recreate the technique on their recording of the track.
 As for The Scorpions,they did record "I Can't Explain".

                            Long Live Rock,

                                 I.S.

                  Sacred cows make the best hamburger