smashing a guitar

>: I believe Pete smashed an acoustic on Letterman after singing "A Friend
>:is a Friend" a few years back...
>Well after reviewing the tape I would have to say he didn't smash his
>guitar, but he gave the mike stand a good kick over and grabbed his fly for
>Paul.

        That was in '89.  In '93 he smashed an acoustic guitar for charity.
It only took two or 3 hits, though.  (And he took out the mike stand.)  He
was on Letterman to promote PsychoD, and mused why he was playing "Pinball
Wizard" instead of something from the new album.

Jim wrote:
>If anyone has a boot of that show I'd love to get my hands on a copy. The
>Great Woods show rocked.

        I'd like to get one, too, if anyone hears of one.

JenniferD
My Guitar         __  _____		http://www.nt.net/~jen/
 :::=====================I  |	"You know we always come back!"
/---/            \__ - ____/		-Roger Daltrey at Tacoma '96