Re: hello from a newcomer

Kit -

Yours was a most perceptive and generally "cool" intro letter and, speaking
only for myself, welcome to the group!

Regarding your question.....

In a message dated 97-07-23 14:45:41 EDT, kitthegreat@juno.com (Kit M Seely)
writes:

<< maybe you could help me.  I've been looking for a t-shirt with a target
 on the front like Keith Moon and the mods used to wear in the sixties,
 but I don't know where to find one.  Also perhaps you could recommend
 some good books I could read to become more knowledgable.  Our local
 library is kinda dumb, it only really has books on the Beatles and Elvis,
 which everybody has already read anyway, and, due to my limited budget, I
 don't want to buy a Who book unless I'm sure it's a good one.
 Thank you very much, Pete Townshend is a genius. >>

A couple of title LEAP (as in "LEAPER") to mind....

1., "BEFORE I GET OLD" by Dave Marsh (One of the best readily available)

2. "THE WHO - 25 YEARS OF MAXIMUM R&B" - Richard Barnes (This is supposed to
be THE "IN" book on the WHO, as the author is close pals with P.T. (Who IS
INDEED, as you so perceptively observed, a GENIUS!!). It's not bad, although
personbally I preferred the Dave Marsh book (Marsh will tell you more of the
truth behind more of the famous WHO ledgends..i.e. How did they get started
smashing their instruments..or my FAV..Why does ROG stutter in Mymymymmmyyyy
Generation?! - The real reason is actually more amusing, in my view,than the
dozens of phoney reasons in circu;ation (many of them, started Pete
himself!!)!

3. "THE WHO'S TOMMY" a very nice, large, hardbound book about the broadway
play, but which has long digressions into the history of "TOMMY" - and it has
been spotted on SALE really cheap at Barnes and Norble or Crown Books! (Also
- - it comes with a single CD of Pete's demo for the new song he wrote for the
broadway "TOMMY"!

4. "The rolling stone interviews" (Marginal)

5. MY FAV - An adult (as in intended for adults to read, but Not in any way
X-Rated) COMIC BOOK - one of the funniest things I have ever read about THE
WHO! and VERY INFORMATIVE - I have never seen this thing mentioned on the
newsgroup so I doubt that's it's terribly common, but it's worth the search!!

Well, GOOD LUCK!

Regards,

Jb2TheWHO!