Re: The Who as an influence

Gary L wrote:

> To be fair, Jimi had his own style.  He may have used Pete's 'gimmicks'
> but his music was quite removed from The Who.

Gary:

I'm nothing if not fair. His live performances...would they have been
quite as wild and untamed had The Who not pioneered that particular
"abandoned" bass-drums-guitar sound? Or would he have been playing a
cleaner electric Blues, closer to what Cream did? Would he even have
been a power trio band?
We'll never know for sure...so I can only offer this IMHO.

         Cheers                   ML