Re: Atlanta Ticket Info.

Liz Brister writes:
>This CD includes a new version/mix of "Let My Love
>Open the Door."  I remember hearing it when the movie Jerry Maguire was
>being advertised.  I had never heard this before.  Was this done
>recently---or has it been around for a while?

It was done for that CD (coolwalking...etc.) which came out a year ago.

>Also, anyone have any idea
>why the Maguire flick used a couple of Who songs (Magic Bus and
>Getting in
>Tune)?  First time I ever remember a major, academy-nominated movie
>using
>Who tunes.  Are there others?

Jerry McGuire was directed by Cameron Crowe (go rent the wonderful "Say
Anything")  who, before he directed films, was a rock journalist and
interviewed The Who many times.  Also his wife is the blond woman from
Heart.

As for other Oscar-nominated movies, there is "Tommy: The Movie" which
got 2 nominations for both Ann Margaret and Pete.  And for uses as
background music, try Martin Scorsese's "Goodfellas" which also features
the live version of "Magic Bus."  For non-Oscar films (not yet, anyway)
and if you liked the new mix of "Let My Love Open The Door," go see
"Grosse Point Blank" which uses it for a very romantic scene.

>Atlanta ticket info:  Tix go on sale May 3 at 10:00 a.m. eastern time.
>Call ticket master at 404 249-6400 or visit the web site.

We'll be planning a pre-show gathering soon.  If you're interested, I'll
put you on my mailing list.

				-Brian in Atlanta