Hyde Park on MuchMusic

        What a show!  I can't wait to hear it in November!
        Roger was in fine form, vocally and physically.  During "Real Me",
if he'd tried to do it identically to the album I wouldn't have known the
difference.  He DID steal the show.
        And I think, after all his experience in the acting field,  he's
figured out what works and what doesn't.  He had some nice touches.  The
best, though, was wheeling his arm as he played air-guitar.
        Does Simon ever look like Pete!  They're even balding the same way!
They move the same way on stage, too.
        Who was the guy with the red guitar, who sang during "Dirty Jobs"?
And the guy with the green?
        Whoever it was that said Gary Glitter gave a Meatloaf-like
performance was right.  I guffawed when he came out stomping like he was 20
years old.  It was hilarious.  And couldn't they teach him to sing on-beat?
Roger, when you sang with him, couldn't you have prompted him along instead
of joining him?
        Pete's "Drowned" was incredible!  There's nothing else to say about
it... except to wonder why he changed "set me free" to "wash over me" in
every verse.
        John was indeed buried.  He got a nice solo in "5:15", though.
        That was one heck of a crash-barrier, wasn't it?  Had to be 15 feet
at least between the crowd and the stage!

        Did those who saw it hang around long enough after Eric Clapton's
bit to see the "I Can See For Miles" video?  It was awfully strange; of
course, it was made in 1967, so that goes without saying.

JenniferD
A Guitar          __   ____
"The song is over...."