No Subject

Day 7

Before I begin day 7 I thought I'd share my favorite Quarwood
practical joke with you.  Since John has so many dogs running the
property and because they are so big there is a sign posted that
reads.  STAY IN YOUR CAR AND BLOW YOUR HORN.  I am staying in the
green suite which has a view of the driveway.  When people pull up
they honk the horn which is my signal to prepare for my prank.
Someone always walks around the corner and motions the person to come
inside.  As soon as they open the car door I start barking from my
window and most of the time they jump and slam the door.  Naughty boy!

We began this day's recording by singing a scratch vocal to Left For
Dead.  As I said Alan has the 1st verse I have the 2nd and John has
the 3rd.  It wasn't necessary for John to sing since it was a scratch
vocal so Alan and I did the whole thing ourselves.  The purpose of a
scratch or guide vocal is so that when someone is overdubbing a part
they know where the vocal is and they don't step on it.  The vocal
that we did came out rather well so we may keep parts of it and have
John fly in his part later.

Now it was time to start the next backing track which simply means
that we will record the basic song with bass, guitar, keys and drums.
We picked I Wouldn't Sleep With You and began playing.  Bobby said I'm
going to print (record ) this because you never know, it could be a
keeper.  Sure enough it was a great performance and we were glad he
hit record.  We then decided to put another take on the tape after
that one. Take 2 wasn't as good so we tried again and number 3 was a
killer so that's the one we kept.

Then we went back to Left For Dead and Godfrey added some acoustic
guitar vamps in a few spots.  We then moved on to the 3rd backing
track which has a working title of Endless Vacation.  We got this one
in 3 takes as well so we were really ahead of the game time wise.  By
this time everyone was hungry so we set out for the local fish and
chips shop with Bobby and returned home to devour the meal.
Vegetarians take note Godfrey had a veggie burger and chips.  There
seems to be a growing awareness of the vegetarian way of life here
which is good for GT.

After returning to Quarwood we ate and went back in the studio to carry on.
 After listening to what we had done earlier.  It was time to for me
to add a scratch vocal to I Wouldn't Sleep With You even though I
won't be singing this one on the record.  At Bobby's suggestion Alan
added some mellotron string parts and Godfrey played some smoking
leads.  John, Alan and I worked on lyrics for the 3rd track and we quit
early.

I had the honor of a solo walk with Scarlet and Flynn and hit the sack
early.

11:30pm goodnight all