WHO - on the radio this w/e

Subject: WHO - on the radio this w/e

Many of you may have missed this - you read correctly - this is on
RADIO TWO - I can't think that many Who fans check these schedules
too often!

UK based subscribers - note that this Saturday, 21 Sept at 5pm, BBC
Radio 2 - Roger is hosting the first of two hour long shows, the
second is at the same time on 28th Sept. These are probably similar
the the one Pete did about Lifehouse recently, i.e. just him with
a totally open brief, and therefore EXCELLENT (never heard before
demos etc.). It says in the blurb, 'Roger presents....Who past present
and future with rare recordings, and including the voices of Pete,
John and Keith'. Hard wire your DAT to the FM Tuner (or DAB) NOW!

To the rest of you who fans - hi. I'm an old Who buff who got into
them (aged 9) in the early sixties - all my 3 brothers were mods and
had Vespas/Lambrettas. I met them at a show at the Belfry in the
early seventies/was AT Leeds on that night/was at the VERY first
Quad show - Trentham Gardens, Stoke (I have a tape - its not QUITE as
bad as all the books say, the bits that did go wrong were handled
very well (Pete: 'this is to the lighting man, could you please
switch them ON, I'm trying to find out where my f*****g feet are'),
at Pete's first one man solo show at the Roundhouse (where he
punched out a particularly persistent heckler N.B. he unanimously
deserved it - and Pete, typically, apologised profusely a few
mins later), and at Hyde Park recently (including the day before
when Roger was 'injured') - I passed the 100 mark in the early 80's.
Glad to see there are so many others as passionate about the
Group, all the activity recently has been tremendous. John's stuff
is out on CD - what next 'The Other side of the Moon' - with
the 'alternative' side of the original flip over cover artwork!?

Cheers,
Lester.
PECKOVL at UKSSVM1, IBMMAIL(GBIBMMJK),
Internet : lester_peckover@uk.ibm.com