Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #617

At 07:53 PM 11/23/96 -0800, you wrote:

>The Who Mailing List Digest     Saturday, 23 November 1996
>Volume 03 : Number 617
>
>In this issue:
>
>	RE: movie soundtracks
>	Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #615
>	The who Tapes
>	This is for school, okay, so help me out...
>	new web page
>	Behind Blue Eyes book
>	Re: Saturday morning cartoons
>
>NEW! NEW! NEW! NEW!
>See the end of the digest for information on unsubscribing to The Who
>Mailing List and on how to retrieve back issues.

>From: salamander@MADNET.COM
>Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 20:38:48 -0500
>Subject: RE: movie soundtracks
>
>Last night, as happens on many nights, I typed merrily away at the
>computer as my loving family gazed glassy-eyed at the telly located at
>the other end of the room. Everything seemed perfectly normal. And then,
>suddenly, I hear the opening "do do do do do do do do" of "Let My Love
>Open The Door". *I* am the only person in the house with a copy of said
>song, and *I* certainly wasn't the one playing it. No radios were on,
>either.
>"Well Yellow old girl," I say tmyself,!b "It's happened. You've finally
>cracked. You're hallucinating Pete Townshend songs. Sad, isn't it? Ah
>well, I always knew insanity would claim me sooner or later. At least I
>can be crazy to decent music."
>Then I heard a voice say, "Coming, this holiday season..." and I
>realized that these sounds were coming from the telly and not my head.
>I thought, "What are they doing, promoting
>'Coolwalkingsmoothtalkingstraightsmokingfirestoking' as a great gift
>giving idea? Sure, it's fab enough, but it's also been out for months!"
>With this I turned to face the telly and was rather disheartened to see
>it was just a dumb old movie ad! Yup, that same "Jerry Maguire" film
>some of you have seen trailers for already. Doesn't look like a
>particularly entralling film, but it was nice to know I hadn't gone
>completely around the bend just yet.
>
>                                        -Yellow Ledbetter,
>who wonders who "LMLOTD" seems to be the only one of Pete's songs
>regularly used in motion picture soundtracks. He's written a great many
>OTHER songs as well, some of them quite good...
>This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
>Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com

>SAW THE WHO HERE IN DENVER OCT 29TH. GREAT SHOW. ROGER SOUNDED GOOD. IT
>SEEMS THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE A DAY OR TWO OFF BEFORE EVERY SHOW. THE
>LAST PART OF THIS QUAD TOUR SEEMS TO HAVE ALOT OF 3 DAY IN A ROW SHOWS.
>DOES ANYONE HAVE A TICKET STUB FOR SALE FROM THEIR SHOW AT FOLSOM
>FIELD, BOULDER, 1989?
>THANKS,
>TONY
>
>------------------------------
>
>From: Tyme107@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 00:22:05 -0500
>Subject: The who Tapes

> [...]
I read Ledbetters commentary on "LMLOTD" being the only song in movies which
Pete has written. I agree that there isn't an overabundance Pete's eloquence
in movies. But, I was pleased to hear a few bars from the "Magic Bus" while
watching the movie "Goodfellas" the other nite.

By the way, the Who fans in the North should consider themselves lucky. I'm
stuck here in Texas without an opportunity to see Quad. I did see The Who
twice in '89 though, once at Alpine Valley, WI and the other time I had 10th
row tickets at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. Great shows, the both of 'em.

                                                        -M.E. Klyn
"How can I measure up to anyone now after such a love as this!"