Pete's F You all comment..

> From: dana hartwell deer <deerdana@dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu>
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:34:38 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Pete in Albany
>
> J.Peoples said:
> > After his "why should I care?" line in 5:15 Townshend said
> > "fuck you, fuck you all" directed at the crowd straight before him.
>
> What provoked that reaction from Pete? Were they shouting, "Smash a guitar!" or
> some other fool thing of that nature? Or was Pete just feeling a bit in contempt
> of his audience in general? Was that section of the crowd throwing things or
> booing? Or did they attempt to tell Pete exactly why he should care?
>
> Just wondering.

When he was in the Meadowlands, he did a wave to the crowd using the
hand sign for 'I Love You' ( for when u communicate with a deaf person )
and was telling the crowd that he loved them, he even said something to
the effect of "I Love you all..." describing what the sign meant, and
then, in his sarcastic humorous way, yelled "I want to fuck you, fuck you
all"...

Now this was after Quad, and before the greatest hits, when they were
taking their first bows, I can't imagine why he would say it during
5:15, unless, like stated above, some fans were heckling him....

He also made some comments to a guy in the crowd at Philly, which I
didn't understand, until later when he asked the person "What he
expected with the liscence tag"...A fan from Maryland (delaware??)
had a liscence plate that said "THE WHO"..and it was shown on the
big screen...

Apparently, Pete is not to good at avoiding comments from the crowd,
I think it's called having rabbit ears...

I remember him telling some fans in the Beacon Theater in 1993 that he
didn't play rock and roll for 25 years so that some big mouth fuck
tell him what to play...or something close to that comment...Perhaps
some other people that were at that show may remember it, I recall
seeing some comments on that show on this list in the past..
(Maybe Alan ??)