Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #605

  Speaking of Jag U Ar.....does anyone know who is doing the lead vocals on
this song (more specifically, the first two lines of the song before Pete
comes in)?
  I thought it might have been Pete but the high voice sounds like Pete or
maybe John but I still cannot be convinced. I thought it may have been Speedy
Keen, a close associate of the Who and member of  the group Thunderclap
Newman (Pete
produced heir excellent 1970 lp & single of the same name, "Something In the
Air").
  Speedy Keen was also the author of  "Armenia City In the Sky" from The Who
Sell Out and possibly "Early Morning Cold Taxi", from the same remastered cd.

  Any help would be appreciated!