Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #605

>>I just got back from seeing the new Romeo and Juliet (sorry, my friend's
choice) and saw a movie preview which included "Magic Bus" and "Let my Love
Open the Door" in the preview music.  I didn't catch the title of the movie<<

The name of the movie is Jerry Maguire, and needless to say, all Who fans
will have to see it for the sound track alone.

>>Maybe the idea of seeing the Who live again after all
these years made people turn once more to the live albums of yesteryear,
as "Live At Leeds" experienced an incredible resurgance of popularity.
Last time it only recieved 7% of the popular vote, this time, 20%.<<

Much more likely, the percentage went up because they were referring to the
recently released reissue Live at Leeds which is a much longer and much
better remastered version than the original.  Even before the new version
came out, some critics thought LAL was the best live rock concert performance
of all time--the new version removes all doubt.

Matt