FINAL POLL RESULTS!

It took me less time than I thought to tally the results...I always
surprise myself with my speed at math. :)

I recieved 44 responses total to the second-ever Wholist census.

SEX:
female = 27%
  male = 72%

AGE:
age range = 15 - 48
   median = 32
  average = 29

female average = 27
  male average = 30

The oldest respondant was male. Of the three youngest, two were female,
one was male.

COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
United States of America = 81%
                  Canada =  5%
                 England =  5%
                   Other =  9%

"Other" countries were Australia, New Zealand, Italy, and Japan

FAVORITE WHO ALBUM:
        "Quadrophenia"  = 41%
       "Live At Leeds"  = 20%
          "Who's Next"  = 20%
    "The Who Sell Out"  =  5%
  "The Who By Numbers"  =  5%
         "Who Are You"  =  5%
               "Tommy"  =  2%
"The Kids Are Alright"  =  2%

CONCERTS ATTENDED:
concert attendees = 86%
           female = 92%
             male = 84%

range of concerts attended = 0 - 38
                   average = 4
            female average = 3
              male average = 5

10 or fewer concerts attended = 93%
 20 or more concerts attended =  7%

The top 7% of concert attendees were all male.

GLASSES:
those who wear glasses/contacts = 70%
               those who do not = 30%

VEGETARIANS:
    veggies = 23%
non-veggies = 77%

COMPARED TO LAST TIME:
The first thing I noticed when comparing the results of this census to
the last one is that the percentage of female respondants has gone up.
Last time, only 18% of the respondants were female, this time, we made
up 27% of the vote.

The United States still held strong as most common country of residence.
I'm sure part of the reason for this is the simple fact that Americans
have easier access to the internet than residents of other countries.
This time around, the percentage of respondants from Canada dropped from
11% to 5%, but England went up from 3% to 5%.

The age range and median age have gone up one year since last time,
probably because some people have had birthdays since then! However, the
average age has dropped by two years, the female average by one year,
and the male average by two years. This was probably caused by the
increase in the number of teenaged respondants this time around.

Apparently "Quadrophenia" will always be the most popular Who album
among serious Who fans, more so now than ever. The number of people who
chose "Quad" as their favorite went up from 37% last time to 41% this
time. I suppose the recent Quad tours might have been at least partly
the cause of that. Maybe the idea of seeing the Who live again after all
these years made people turn once more to the live albums of yesteryear,
as "Live At Leeds" experienced an incredible resurgance of popularity.
Last time it only recieved 7% of the popular vote, this time, 20%.
"Who's Next" also received 20% of the vote this time, thusly
maintainging its position as the second most popular Who album. "The Who
Sell Out" and "The Who By Numbers" both experienced a decrease in
popularity, from 15% and 7% respectively to only 5% each. "Who Are You"
shot up from 1% to 5% popularity this time, Goddess only knows why.
"Tommy" dropped from 7% to 2%, perhaps due to overexposure from
Broadway, the CD-ROM, etc. etc.

That's pretty much everything! I didn't notice any obvious correlations
between things like vegetarianism and favorite album, or poor eyesight
and concerts attended, but if anyone is just dying to know about that
sort of thing, let me know. I'll tally it up for you.

Thanks once more to everyone who responded, I couldn't have done this
without you! :)

                                           -Yellow Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com